Monday, November 03, 2008

A Flawed Analogy

For those that know me well, I often venture into political conversations at bars, on the quad, and over dinner. This blog has intentionally stayed away from politics for the most part and focused on economics and finance. Typically I have addressed current financial issues and perennial economic fallacies. That said, this entry is more political in nature.

"I think when you spread the wealth around it's good for everyone." -- Barack Obama
Ok, if you're spreading the wealth around it's not good for the person having their wealth spread around. (People who pay taxes)

"I don't know what's next. By the end of the week, he'll be accusing me of being a secret communist because I shared my toys in kindergarten. I shared my peanut butter and jelly sandwich." -- Barack Obama

Nobody would accuse Obama of being a secret communist for sharing his own stuff. He wants to force you and I to "share" our stuff. Of course, it's not really sharing at all if the government locks you up if you don't share your stuff.

That is all for now.

No comments: